With over 300 million users, LinkedIn is the largest professional network and third most popular social platform overall. Last year, LinkedIn announced that it was opening up its publishing platform, Pulse, to the public. This offered a new way to reach a massive audience and anyone could do it.
Now, Pulse has become a popular way to share content and offers a great opportunity to get your name out there. Articles on Pulse range from a variety of topics and styles. You can post thought leadership pieces, opinions or short stories – whatever represents you and your business best.
Posting on LinkedIn means your content will be exposed to your entire network and beyond. If anyone likes, comments or shares your article, your work will be shared with that person’s network as well.
Tips for writing an article for LinkedIn:
- Stay focused. Don’t try to cover too many topics at once.
- Keep it concise. Over 70% of Pulse’s featured articles are less than 1,000 words.
- Offer value. Make your article something your readers and potential leads want to read.
How to Publish an Article on LinkedIn
Publishing on LinkedIn is not only a smart way to market your business, it’s incredibly easy. Follow these steps and your article will be seen in no time.
- After you have logged in to LinkedIn, click on “Publish a post.”
- Write a compelling title and compose your article.
If you want more people to find your work, try using specific keywords within the article. When people search for those words, your article could pop up!
- Add an image that will grab attention. Need an image or need to create one that’s the right size? Try Canva.
- Click “Publish” in the upper right and you’re done!
After you hit “Publish,” your LinkedIn connections will receive a notification that you have published an article and your content will start receiving traffic.
Want to learn more about how to craft the perfect article? Download our ebook Essentials of Content Marketing.